This example shows how to share a printer with the clients in your Shieldoo network. To do this, the printer must run within the local network of a server connected to the Shieldoo network.
Follow these steps:
- Install the server on whose local network the printer is running in your Shieldoo Secure Network.
Learn how to do that in the Servers chapter.
- Configure a connection to the printer as a service attached to the installed server.
Learn how to do that in the Attached Services chapter.
- Configure who can access the printer via server firewall rules.
Learn how to do that in the Access Management chapter.
- Connect to your Shieldoo network as a client with access to the printer (i.e. a client whose access to the printer is not blocked by Shieldoo firewall rules).
Learn how to do that in the Connect Me chapter.
- Check that the operating system of your client’s computer has automatically registered the shared printer.
For example, the printer should become immediately visible on Windows in the Printers & scanners settings.
- Use that printer to start printing documents remotely.